Custom Search 1

New evidence discovered in Terry racism case

ALLEGED ABUSE: Ferdinand (centre) and Terry (right)

THE INVESTIGATION into England and Chelsea captain John Terry’s alleged racial slur to Anton Ferdinand has taken a new twist.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) confirmed that they had received new evidence relating to the case.

Newspaper reports suggest that the police were handed previously unseen video footage from television cameras on Tuesday (December 13) and that they had passed this on to the CPS for consideration.

The CPS revealed that they asked police for more information about the incident, which happened during Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat at Queens Park Rangers on October 23, but they would not disclose what they had requested.

Prosecutors are still assessing whether there is enough evidence to bring charges against the 31-year-old but a decision is expected before the weekend.

Terry has strenuously denied the claims and instead suggested in a statement that the incident was a misunderstanding. He argued that Ferdinand had accused him of using a racially abusive word and he then repeated the word when denying that he had said this.

Police have also spoken to four other Chelsea players, including Ashley Cole, to try and find out what had happened. However, all four said that they had heard nothing and had no knowledge of what went on.

Facebook Comments