KILLED: Trayvon Martin
THE TRANSCRIPT from statements made neighbourhood watchman, George Zimmerman, gave after he fatally shot black teenager,Trayvon Martin, will be released.
Judge Kenneth Lester has ruled that an autopsy report, photographs of the crime scene and details of Zimmerman's version of the events on February 26, will be included in the documents that will be made public, reports WPTV.
E-mails to the Sanford Police Department, cell phone records listing dates and times that Zimmerman contacted police and copies of witness statements should be also released, Lester said.
The identities of witnesses, who observed the fatal confrontation between Zimmerman and the 17-year-old, will allegedly stay private for their own protection.
Lester wrote: "The innocent witnesses who have performed their civic or moral duty by reporting what they observed to law enforcement should not have their lives turned upside-down for having done so."
Lester's ruling was said to be in response to requests from the media asking for the release of more information in the case.
SELF-DEFENSE?: George Zimmerman claims he killed teen afterhe was attacked
The news comes just days after prosecutors claimed that Zimmerman's wife Shellie 'deceived the court' during the bond hearing last month, when it was revealed that $135,000 was raised from a donation website set up by her husband.
At the hearing, Mrs Zimmerman testified that the couple had 'limited funds for bail' because she was a full-time student and her husband, who has been charged with second-degree murder, is unemployed.
Zimmerman claimed to have killed Martin in self-defence after allegedly being attacked by the teen, who he described as 'suspicious'.
The case continues.