FEAR: Man given Zimmerman's old number receives death threats
A MAN given the old phone number of a Florida neighborhood watchman who fatally shot black teen, Trayvon Martin, is seeking compensation, after receiving threatening calls.
Junior Alexander Guy, 49, who got his mobile phone with the number from T-Mobile last month, said he was immediately he was bombarded by callers who thought he was George Zimmerman.
According to the Associated Press [AP] one caller screamed: "You murderer! You deserve to die!"
Guy told The Orlando Sentinel: "At 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock in the morning I kept getting these [phone calls]."
He also told the Sentinel that he was forced to move out of his home and relocate along with his mother who also lives with him.
"I was not only afraid for my life, I was afraid for my mother's," he said.
Orlando lawyer Robert Trimble has asked T-Mobile to pay damages, 'a fair and reasonable sum' to Guy, but the mobile giants have yet to confirm if they will agree to the proposed deal.
Zimmerman, a self-styled neighbourhood watchman, shot 17-year-old Trayvon as he made his way home from a nearby shop in Sanford, Florida on February 26.
The 28-year-old claimed the teen was acting 'suspicious' and he shot him in self-defense after an confrontation in the gated community.
The case continues.