Custom Search 1

'Black-ish' star denies sexual assault allegations

PICTURED: Anthony Anderson

ANTHONY ANDERSON "unequivocally disputes" claims that he assaulted a woman in 2017.

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating the allegations against the Black-ish" star, after an unidentified woman calmed he assaulted her after meeting Anderson at an event he hosted, according to entertainment site The Blast

The incident, she says, happened the second time they met to discuss future business opportunities.

According to The Blast, the alleged victim filed a police report with LAPD's Hollywood Division earlier this year after finding comfort with the #MeToo movement.

"It's unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false," says a statement sent to USA TODAY on Sunday by Cindy Guagenti, the actor's representative. "Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim."

The LAPD confirms that Anderson is under investigation.

“At this point, all we can confirm is that there is an active investigation,” public information director Josh Rubenstein told USA TODAY.

The accusations come less than two weeks after Anderson received his fourth Emmy nomination for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series for Black-ish.

Anderson previously faced assault allegations in 2004, when a woman claimed Anderson and assistant director Wayne Witherspoon raped her in a trailer on set of Hustle & Flow.

The charges against both men were dismissed after a judge ruled there was no probable cause.

Read every story in our hardcopy newspaper for free by downloading the app.

Facebook Comments